Romans 12:6 & 8 NIV (abbreviated) 6We have different gifts, according to the grace given us……… 8 if it is leadership let him govern diligently;
Leadership is needed in every theater of life; family, work, government, community and nationally. Godly leadership is needed in the church too. There is even a spiritual gift of leadership (see verse above).
Here are ten rules of leadership I have learned and live by.
1. Always maintain your integrity and character. This will give you courage when tough decisions are called for. A clear conscience is a formidable force to be reckoned with; something your opponents need to learn.
2. Stay in top physical shape. It is the best way to maintain mental toughness.
3. Be tough and never give up. Never run - ever.
4. Give credit to others when things go right. Accept responsibility when things go wrong.
5. Never apologize for taking a stand.
6. Never allow critics to cause you to doubt yourself.
7. Imagination and creativity are essential to planning new initiatives.
8. Plan your work and work your plan.
9. Anticipate problems and have a fall-back plan should problems arise. Don’t wait until you are in the middle of a crisis before you make up your mind; you will look dumb and indecisive.
10. Live very close to God. There will be times when He is the only One you can talk to, or who will understand.