Let me state for the record. There are some blogs I DO NOT read, nor will I EVER read them. Why? The content is dopey and the authors are full of malarkey – that’s why.
So whose blogs do I read?
- Those listed on the left sidebar of my blog
- Several more who are not listed
- 90% of the blogs I read are authored by church planters
- I read blogs of church leaders that speak to me
- I read the blogs of those who have something to say beyond theory
- Those who I have a relationship with
- People who I like
Blogs I don’t read:
- People who don't like me - I won't read their blogs, even though they read mine
- If your blog is too long, I’m not reading it
- Those who parrot some off-the-wall theolgoy learned from a book
- Those who speak lofty ideas about ministry but haven’t been able to make those ideas work .....(It's only a theory until you make it work. The proof is in the pudding - not in what you say or in a title you have been given).
- Those who have a bone to pick with me (I'm bigger than that).
Why do I blog?
- When I first started blogging I simply needed another outlet. I love to write and this was one way I could improve my skills
- It has helped me clarify my thoughts and postion on important issues
- In some ways, it is like an on-line journal
- I have met and made many new friends
- It enables me to expand my teaching