Do you know why Sunday’s are called “The Lord’s Day?” Because that’s exactly what it is – it is God’s Day. It’s a day when churches are filled with people, hearts are open and receptive, and there’s a lot of room for God to do some really big stuff in people’s lives.
Church was very good today. Attendance was over 500 again… that’s twice in the last three weeks. We are definitely on an upward swing right now.
Giving was real good today also. Thank you to everyone who gives so sacrificially. It means a great deal to me, it is an investment in your church, and God considers it to be an offering of worship. It’s a win-win for everyone.
The Signs of Life offering got a good boost too. I don’t know the exact amount yet. Pastor Gene will have that information available tomorrow, and we’ll have it posted in the bulletin next Sunday. This campaign has been a huge success for us.
Several people committed to Christ today. Others signed up for small groups. Still more have indicated a desire to be baptized. What’s not to like about that?
The next class for Seminar 101 is filling up quickly. We have about 30 people signed up now. By March 15th it should be 50 or more.
Small groups start February 15. I’m excited about this semester.
We beginning to plan for Easter right now. Comes in April this year. It’s going to be a big day. Probably over one thousand people that day. Last year we had over 800.
The teen ministry has experienced record-breaking attendance for the last three weeks in a row.
The volunteers at PCC are simply great people. We could not have church if it were not for you. Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who pitches in and does your part. I appreciate your faithfulness and attention to detail.
Quotes from today’s message
- God’s Word is active and alive, giving an inward witness of its truths
- You have enlightenment - the natural man does not
- God’s Word penetrates so deep it can even separate the soul from the spirit
- The soul is the psyche of man. The spirit is the pneuma of man
- God’s Word reveals the motives of our heart, which is exactly why those who embrace their sin hate to hear it preached or taught
- Of all truths contained in the Bible, the most important truth is this Bible teaches us how to get eternal life
PCC is ROCKING right now!