- Had a real good day.
- Introduced a new song – it was done well and its message was on-target
- Attendance was good – 493. Of that number 109 were kids & teens
- We actually had 180 in the second service
- Today’s message (The Curse of Careless Worship) was a good word and a strong one too. Coming from Malachi 1:6-14 we learned that it was the quality of our offerings that God is most concerned with. Our giving to God must pass two tests: (1) It has to be first and (2) It has to be our best
- Here’s a thought: You might be broke because of your bills. On the other hand you might be broke because you are not honoring God in the area of your finances
- Loved the “couch” story
- A lot (a lot) of people told me how meaningful the message was to them. I hope this standard represents a new normal for the people of PCC. God-honoring worship in all we do must be our focus
- Had an ushers meeting today in which we talked about the duties and responsibilities of our ushers and how they may serve the people of PCC better. This is one more piece of a deliberate plan we have in place to raise the bar at PCC and get ourselves off to a good start for 2010. Good productive meeting - got a lot accomplished.
- We also talked about security issues in this meeting. There are lot of areas to that we need to ensure we have protection for, and I am confident we now have them covered. I also asked which of the men is WILLING TO TAKE A BULLET FOR ME – apparently I need some kind of body guard protection
- Proud that so many braved the very cold weather to be in church
- In the first service a couple had to get up leave; he was having chest pains and was taken to the hospital. I went to high school with him and his wife; my sister walked out with them
- Looking at my counter I notice that my blog has had more than 500 hits in less than 48 hours. Hmmm.....
- We have the most amazing church!
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Sunday Mind Dump
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I espeacialy enjoyed the message today. It is real easy to just give God what is left rather thatn the first fruits. we should all re-examine a,, that we offer upbefore God. right on Pastor
Post a Comment