- Yes, I know I have not posted anything since Wednesday. It has been intentional. I wanted to be sure that my last blog post, “When the Game Plan Changes” was read by as many people as possible; especially those who are affected the most.
- This is EXACTLY where our church is right now. We are in a transition. It cannot be avoided. Some things must be dealt with.
- MAJOR CHANGES are taking place – of necessity – across the board. PCC is a growing church and becoming increasingly complex in regard to the many departments, personnel, and the systems in place that need to be adjusted.
- Today was a good day at PCC. Today was also a complicated day for me.
- Read my last post again, “When the Game Plan Changes.” We are there right now.
- Things have been crazy over the last two months. I can’t remember the last time it was so stressful.
- Even though things have been crazy, God has blessed me, Renae, and PCC beyond measure.
- I am doing my best to juggle marriage, pastoring, preaching, teaching, supervising ministries, and providing oversight, but it’s a bit overwhelming right now.
- Maintaining good relationships is hard work. We are selfish from birth and usually live our lives thinking everything revolves us, when it doesn’t. I am doing my best to remember that.
- I am thankful for my family. They deserve a lot better than me.
- I am blown away every week by what God is doing at PCC. It humbles me to see what God is doing to build His Church and I am thankful that I get to have a small part in that.
- Attendance was pretty good today – 462. I think we can do better, and should.
- I am ready to see PCC become a church of 1000. There is no reason why we can’t become that. God wants us to reach more people with the gospel of Jesus Christ, and the only hindrance to accomplishing this goal is US – we are standing in the way.
- I wish we had someone who could put the Sunday sermons online as a free MP3.
- Over the next year I would love to increase our effectiveness at using technology in letting our community know that we exist.
- If you know someone who is looking for a church home, where the Word of God is preached AS IT IS WRITTEN (without man’s RE-interpretations), then tell them about PCC.
- One thing that really impresses me about PCC is the GREAT PEOPLE that God as sent to our church family. We simply would not be who we are today without these people.
- I absolutely love seeing the variety of age groups on Sunday morning.
- I am busier than I need to be. So is Renae. So is Gene. We need to work smarter, not harder.
- Every day I am reminded why this community needs Pace Community Church to be greater than it is right now.
- I hope we never lose our heart for outreach, targeting those who are far from God.
- I truly believe God is going to do things through PCC that is going to leave us astonished.
- If you are looking for a church home, check us out at 930 or 1100 on Sunday mornings.
- I would love and appreciate your prayers this week. I truly need them. God knows.
- I've GOT SOME STUFF TO SAY right now, and will be saying so this week.
- I’m fried and going to bed now.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Sunday Mind Dump - May 9th, Mother's Day
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
in regards to putting the sermon online as an mp3, it's pretty easy to do and you could actually put it on itunes as a podcast, where people could subscribe to it for free and have it automatically download when a new one is available. The only thing you really need is to be able to upload the files to a website you own (the mp3 file has to be stored online). I could help out with this if you wanted me to look into it!
Thanks for the offer.
BTW, since I know three men named Chris, I've got to ask: this is Chris "Who?" I need to know who to contact should we take this step.
This is Chris Nigus :) I'm living in Kingsville, TX right now, but luckily distance isn't an issue for working on this. If my email address isn't associated with this comment, you can find it on facebook, or just message me on there. If you do pursue it I would love to help or assist!
I would so much love to have your sermons on line. There are so many times that I would like to send them to my family. An online podcast would be awesome.
Post a Comment