Here is a link to an good article about the dangers of sugar. Below are some bullteted points about the danges of sugar.
Besides ruining the shape of your body, too much consumption ruins your health.
- Sugar is without question one of the most dangerous substances on the food market today.
- What we are talking about here is sucrose, the white crystalline sugar refined from cane or beet juice by stripping away all its vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber, water, and other synergists.
- White sugar is an industrially processed chemical not found in nature, and it is not fit for human consumption.
- Other sugars such as fructose (in fruit and honey), lactose (in milk), and maltose (in grains) are natural substances with nutritional value.
- Raw sugar is a coarse, brown, sticky variety made by simply boiling down whole cane juice and it too is a wholesome food, but it is very difficult to find in the Western world.
- The so called 'brown sugar' sold in supermarkets is nothing more than refined white sugar with some molasses spun back into it for color and flavor. It is not a 'health food'.
- Sugar suppresses the immune system by causing the pancreas to secrete abnormally large quantities of insulin, which is required to break it down.Insulin remains in circulation in the bloodstream long after sugar has been metabolized, and one of its main side effects is to suppress the release of growth hormone in the pituitary gland.
- It can easily cause diabetes.
- Since sugar is 'nutritionally naked', the body must 'borrow' the missing vitamins, minerals and other synergistic nutrients required to metabolize sugar from its own tissues.
- Heavy sugar consumption therefore causes a constant siphoning of nutrients from the
- The nutritional leaching caused by sugar can give rise to intense food cravings and eating binges, as the body seeks to replenish the nutrients 'stolen' from it by sugar.
- A 12-ounce can of a typical soft drink, for example, contains about nine teaspoons of refined white sugar.
- Sugar consumption in the USA is so high that it has also caused a social problem through its deleterious effects on behavior, especially in children, who are displaying increasingly severe behavioral disorders and learning disabilities.
I agree Ron, sugar is DANGEROUS!!! I feel sooo much better without it in my life!! I took it a step further though and cut out starch too!! My daughter is shrinking before my very eyes, I wish I would have made this change sooner!!!
Post a Comment