I’m in the camp that believes leadership is a spiritual gift.
Romans 12:6-8 (NIV) says, “We have different gifts, according to the grace given to us…..if it is to lead, do it diligently.”
I also believe that God bestows this gift on a variety of people in the Body of Christ.
- We embrace both staff AND volunteer leaders
- We recognize that leadership isn’t just for men over the age of 40 (i.e., women, young adults, and teenagers posses this gift too)
- We see leadership as being critical at every layer of the church, not just at the top
- We understand leadership is a gift, and it must be developed
- We recognize that the most effective leaders will meet the Biblical requirements of character and conduct
Post a Comment