1. As the senior pastor I am not everyone’s primary care giver, nor can I be. Most congregational care must be provided by the members in the body as they minister to each other. This is the mutual ministry of the body to itself. I will only respond to the most urgent situations.
2. We are destined to be a large church. People who attend PCC must accept this fact.
3. The tension between caring for Christians and reaching non-Christians will always be balanced. We will not neglect one for the other.
4. We accept the fact that our church is not for everyone, that some people will never feel connected to us or to me and will eventually leave.
5. We must be intentional about becoming a multi-celled church of ministry teams and friendship networks.