1. This Sunday I’m beginning a new message series: The Stories of Jesus. We’ll be looking at some of the stories and parables He told; stories that were intended to communicate insights about the
. People were often shocked when Jesus told these stories/parables, and that was His intent. He wanted to shock people out of their comfort zone to really think deeply about their standing before God. That is exactly the effect that this series will have on you too. This Sunday’s message is the parable of the Sower and the Seed. Yes I know, it’s a familiar story. But I think you will be surprised and challenged. kingdom of God
2. Next week the finance department of PCC will be mailing out quarterly giving reports to everyone. Take a look at yours and if you notice any corrections or adjustments that need to be made, just call the offices. FYI, giving is strong and solid at PCC right now.
3. More than 100 people have signed up to serve as volunteers at PCC! Wow!
4. We have a full slate of activities this summer: Baby dedication, baptism, Newcomers Luncheon, Teen Summer Camp,
, a trip to Big Kahunas in Destin, Young Adults Fellowship, and an outreach event. Then in the fall (after school starts) we’ll be rolling out 101 and 201 on a consistent basis, as well as some other exciting things. Vacation Bible School
5. This is one of the best quotes I have heard in a long time: It is the responsibility of every Christian to carve out a satisfying life under the loving rule of God, or else sin will begin to look good.
You don’t’ want to miss this Sunday!