Keep it simple. All of it.
1. Don’t overdue the signage. Make it big. Make it clear. Make it matter.
2. Don’t announce or promote everything going on at church. When everything has the same perceived importance, then nothing is more important than anything else. Fewer is better.
3. Provide a bulletin or program for the Sunday service, not a newsletter or multi-piece magazine filled with multiple inserts.
4. Meet people where they are – not where you wish they were. Especially newcomers. Right now they're just asking where the restrooms are. Help them with that.
5. Simply serve, and serve with simplicity, practicing the golden rule. It’s what Jesus taught. It should be sufficient for us too.
Post a Comment