1. After a big day last week – Easter Sunday – we have prepared ourselves for this Sunday. The building has been cleaned, the songs have been selected, projection slides have been prepared, schedules have been worked out for Kidz Zone, and a new message series will begin. I can’t wait! I love Sundays at PCC.
2. Our Friday volunteers are some of the finest people I know. They work so hard each Friday morning getting the entire building ready for Sunday. They have been doing it for years. I really enjoy the time we have together – working shoulder to shoulder – (yes, I actually help vacuum the building) – and then have a meal together. Each week we have breakfast about 10:00 a.m., and sometimes we will have a lunch together. This is a ministry team – small group – life group – whatever you want to call it – in every sense of the word.
3. The new message series is based on the book of James – Putting My Faith into Action. The content in this NT book has the potential to be a game-changer for us at PCC. Another thing, over the next four weeks you will hear three different teachers. By the time the series is over, maybe more.
4. Let me remind you that within 48 hours – in our weekend service – people’s lives are going to be changed. God is going to show up at PCC. He will soften hearts and draw people to Himself by the Holy Spirit. The gospel will be preached and the scales will fall off blinded eyes. People will be loved, welcomed, and accepted. Please, please, please be in church… and bring a guest with you – especially the unchurched.
5. Me and Renae took a day off this week to go fishing. It was a gorgeous day on the water near
Thanks to Tommy Lambeth (who I now call “Captain Tommy”) who guided us around, we were able to catch 24 Sheepshead between the three of us. It could not have been a better day. We even watched the Blue Angels from our boats. Aside from the pure enjoyment, it was a day well spent for our mental health. Pensacola Pass.
Post a Comment