- I felt the effects the time change today. After the 18 mile bike ride Saturday, losing an hour of sleep left me feeling tired at church. In fact, after church I took a long nap. My internal body clock is not adjusted.
- Good services today. Attendance was about 30 lower than the previous Sunday. I attribute it to time change. Bunch of sissies!
- The message today was solid, very practical and to-the-point. Learning how God changes us and what our part is in the change process was enlightening. But it's always more important to be a DOER of the Word.
- Life change is God’s will for every one of His children. Not only is it a matter of obedience, but it is also EVIDENCE of authentic salvation.
- Salvation is more than being a card carrying member of the Jesus club – it’s a matter of growing up in the new birth.
- I was honest today when I talked about how hard it is for me to like some Christian people. God doesn’t give me a pass on this – I’m fully capable of doing better. This ability is contained in the power of the new birth. No excuses. Just do it.
- Did you hear about the pastor who was SHOT AND KILLED IN HIS CHURCH TODAY? Happened in Illinois. You can read it here.
- This is happening on a regular basis now in our country. I understand why many churches have armed security during their services. We have had discussions about security weaknesses at PCC, and I think it is time for us to take action.
- You would be surprised at the number of Bible-toting psychotics out there who call themselves Christians.
- There are some people in this community who hate me… for nothing other than being a pastor who didn’t cater to their every beck and call. The stories I could tell you would make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.
- I know God is in control, but He also calls us to use wisdom and protect ourselves. Too much hangs in the balance to leave this undone, and it only takes one idiot to hurt a lot of people
- Pray for First Baptist Church Maryville as they deal with the lost of their pastor. I can’t imagine the sorrow they are feeling. Especially pray for the wife and two daughters who have been left behind… because of one sicko lunatic.
- I loved the springlike weather we’ve had for the last couple of days. And the time change today gave extra daylight hours. Nice.
- Troy & Debbie P. are moving away tomorrow. They are relocating to North GA. They have been with us ten years… almost since the beginning… and we will miss there very much. They have been a major asset to PCC.
- This is important: In order for us to reach the kinds of people that other churches are not reaching, we have to do things that other churches are not doing. PCC has a unique DNA and we have positioned ourselves accordingly. Make no mistake about it – I love what God is doing in other churches – and a good work is being accomplished in many of them. But God has not called us to be like the other churches. Because of that, we will always be creative, will experiment, and be willing to think outside of the box.
- Here’s a suggestion: Let’s quit listening to the negative news so much that is telling us how bad the economy is, and insult God by believing FOX or CNN more than we believe Him and His promises to provide. No one at PCC is any danger of starving to death!
- We’re taking our eyes off Jesus and putting them on the economy.
- I have never seen (in half a lifetime) one person go under who applied Biblical principles to their finances. Not one. Not one. Not one!
- The two biggest problems in America today are consumer debt and obesity. It’s not that we don’t have enough… we just don’t manage it well.
- The Geico eyeball commercials are so stupid. They need to bring the caveman back.
- Fixing to eat some guacamole dip… the best in SR County. Made it myself.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Sunday Night Mind Dump
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment