- God’s Spirit is moving everywhere. He is ceaseless in accomplishing His divine work in the lives of people. Along those lines, I think that we are beginning to experience a fresh move of God at Pace Community Church. I mean something different, new, and unusual. I have been feeling an anticipation deep in my spirit for many, many months and now I’m beginning to see the signs. I’m not talking about mere numbers and organizational statistics that graph well on the end-of-year report. I’m talking about a sovereign move of God. A divine wind. Fresh fire. An outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Personal renewal. Drawing near to God.
- One of the main things we are concerned about at PCC is making hell less crowded. That’s Luke 15 kind of stuff… angels in heaven rejoice in the presence of God when one sinners repents.
- I believe that hundreds of people in our city are going to be swept into the kingdom of God by a divine move of God’s Spirit. I also believe that He has strategically positioned PCC here for such a time as this.
- Even so, Lord Jesus, come quickly.
- Will you help me pray to that end?
- Pray for yourself… Draw near to God and He will draw near to you… Develop a deep hunger and craving for the things of God…. Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled.
- Pray for me… That I will drawn near to God too…. That I will develop a deeper hunger for the things of God…. That I am filled to overflowing…. That I can lead well, preach well, and always be sensitive to the Holy Spirit.
- I believe that it is going to be noised abroad that a fresh move of God is taking placed at PCC. People will come from miles around to be saved…. filled… healed… helped…. set free… and radically changed by the power of God.
- Experiencing God. That’s what I want. I want people to experience God… and to do so with a steadfast reliance on solid Bible teaching. In the scripture we find life.
- Before church today I was speaking with a lady in the atrium. She was going on and on about how pleased she is about our church; how open, inviting, and accepting PCC is. We have all sorts of diversity, yet everyone is welcome and FEELS welcome. To put it in a nutshell, I would say we are like a warm incubator perfectly suitable for newborns in Christ. Showing that kind of love and kindness is EXACTLY WHY God is going to use PCC for greater things. Thank you S.W. for saying such kind words.
- Somebody turned in a tan card today, anonymously, and on the back these simple words appeared, “Bless you.”
- Between services today I stepped into my office to sit down and take a break before second service began. I found a note on my desk. This is what it said, “Pastor, This is BY FAR the MOST powerful sermon I have ever heard from you. All I can say is, if you were preparing this – Satan must have tried to stop you. Thank you for enduring any attacks that came. I’m sure many lives were changed today! Certainly, God was glorified through your obedience.” Thank you D.K. for your uplifting words of encouragement.
- We have almost 40 people signed up to be baptized. Wow!
- Just beneath the surface of what you can see each Sunday, God is DOING DEEP THINGS in the hearts of people. Only the discerning can see this. It is rising, and rising and almost at the point where it is going to burst forth for all to see.
- In the last days, God says, I will POUR OUT MY SPIRIT ON ALL PEOPLE. Your SONS and DAUGHTERS will prophesy, your YOUNG MEN will see visions, your OLD MEN will dream dreams. Even on my servants, BOTH MEN and WOMEN, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. (Acts 2:17-18 NIV)
- The momentum at PCC right now is unlike anything I’ve seen in a long time. Every week I show up EXPECTING God to do great things.
- One day the name Pace Community Church will fade away…. But the Name of JESUS will ENDURE FOREVER.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
We Are Experiencing a Move of God
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment