- Idolizing favorite preachers
- Quoting authors more than the scriptures
- Acting like worship is a rock concert
- Acting like worship should be melancholy
- Embracing systems more than we embrace God
- Going to church based upon who is speaking, or who is not
- Remembering how cool the speaker was, while forgetting what he said
- Being impressed with how deep and profound the speaker was, while not understanding a word he said
- Going for shock value by being vulgar in church
- Trying to be cute all the time
- Pretending to be pious all the time
- Being a follower of men
- Being lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God
- Being a groupie…
I attend church because (1) the Bible commands me to not forsake gathering together with the body of believers, and (2) it honors God by gathering for corporate worship, and (3) there are a lot of things I can still learn from the Word, and want to learn.
Preach it, brother!