It should be apparent to anyone who makes a casual observation that teenagers are important to us at PCC. I don’t just say that because it makes a good sound bite. I say it because we practice what we preach. In addition to offering the teenagers a Wednesday night service provided by self-sacrificing adults, we EXPECT the teenagers to reciprocate BY SERVING in a ministry in return. Consider this:
- At least four teenagers serve in our worship band
- Teenagers serve as ushers at PCC
- Teenagers serve as greeters
- Teenagers work in hospitality
- Teenagers teach in the children’s ministry
- Teenagers help clean the building on Friday
- Teenagers help with security and sign in procedures
- Teenagers help with special events
- In fact, teenagers serve all over the place at PCC
On a side note, I am always thrilled to see so many teenagers sitting on the front row on Sunday mornings.
I am glad that a lot of teenagers attend PCC, but I’m also glad that so many of them actually serve in a ministry. The very fact that we are deliberate about making this happen confirms the fact that we practice what we preach.
We value teenagers and will help them find a place of service in a ministry.