People often ask how they can pray for PCC, so I thought I’d give you some specific needs:
- Pray that our church will always remain effective in fulfilling the Great Commission. This is God’s will for the church, and this is PCC’s number one reason for existence. We never want to lose sight of the fact that our community is full of people who are far from God and need salvation, and once converted should be moved towards spiritual maturity.
- Pray for God’s favor.
- Pray for our volunteers. We are a volunteer intensive church. In other words, we completely depend on our volunteers to get about 80% of the ministry work done. Yet our volunteers work full-time jobs, have families to take care of, are dealing with the pressures of life, and still give their time to PCC. These people need our prayers. Without them, PCC would not be here.
- Pray about our finances as well as your own level of giving. Yes, I know, God always provides. But the place where the rubber meets the road is when God’s people give. People just assume that this aspect of our church magically takes care of itself. It doesn’t. Our trend line is much better than it was at the beginning of the year, but still it should be better.
- Pray for me; my physical health, my spiritual health, my emotional state, and my spiritual maturity. God is not through with my yet, so I want to be a vessel that He can use. I want my walk with God to be where it should be at all time.
- Pray for your church's staff members. You may not believe this, but working in a church is one of the hardest and most challenge places in the world to work. There is so much stress and junk to deal with that quitting often looks good. In fact, most people who become church staff simply can’t cope with it long term. It takes a call from God to last in the ministry; and even with a call, not everyone lasts. While it brings them great joy to serve the Lord vocationally full-time, they carry a large cross which is sometimes a burden to bear.
- Pray for our age-level ministires (Nursery through High School). We are specificlaly targeting children & teens for evangelims and discipleship. I believe God wants to bring us a harvest of souls and young people need God just as much as anyone. Also pray that God will send us passionate workers/volunteers/ministers/chaperons who "get it."
- Pray for our growth. Our church has been plateaued at its current attendance level for some time now. Our average weekly attendance for 2011 is 424 each Sunday. Sometimes it’s higher, but that’s our average. We have had more challenge breaking through the 500 attendance barrier than almost any other previous attendance plateau. We will slowly climb our way to 500 and then it drops back off. I am at my wits end. I’m praying for wisdom, insight, and for a move of God to make it happen.
Will you join me in praying?