1. Found People Find People. We will not stop doing what Jesus commanded in Matthew 28:18-20. The harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few (Matthew 9:35-38) and the people of PCC are willing to step up.
2. Saved People Serve People. We will not stop doing what the Bible commands in I Peter 4:10. We understand the fact that the world is not going to be reached by a “screaming church” but rather a serving church. We are discovering our gifts to become more like Christ and serve.
3. Growing People Change for the Better. We will continue to pray Psalms 139:23-24 over our lives. We are fed up with religious attitudes that are extremely focused on the lives of others but refuse to deal with the sin in their own lives. We will continue to beg God to make us more like His Son, to fill us with His thoughts, and to show us areas in our lives where we fall short so that we can repent and move forward.
4. We Don’t Do the Christian Life Alone. We will obey Hebrews 10:24-25. We understand that we are not strong enough on our own to make it on our own; that we need God and that we need each other. We live by the “one another” commands found in the NT – about fifty four of them. We are committed to growing larger and smaller at the same time: Larger in the weekend services, and smaller through life groups.
5. We Cannot Out Give God. That’s why we obey Malachi 3:6-12. We refuse to be a church full of people who believe God’s Word in regard to salvation, but then refuse to believe the passages about giving, generosity, and financial blessings (Proverbs 3:9-10; II Corinthians 9:6-15). We know that Jesus Himself said that money is the number one competitor for our heart (Matthew 6:24), and we also know that people who love money end up in a lot of trouble (I Timothy 6:6-10). We’ve seen God bless our church and people in our church family because of their financial faithfulness… and we know the best is yet to come.