1. I took a couple days off work this week – Wednesday & Thursday. Needed the break. But I didn’t get the two full days; had a couple of medical emergencies that I responded to. Plus, I spent a lot of time on the phone. It was like the front seat of my truck had become my new office. Not quite what I had in mind.
2. I went to the beach yesterday and it was fabulous. A north breeze had flattened the surf, the water was crystal clear (aqua green), the sand was clean, and there were miles of beach without people. The best part of the BP oil spill is that there is no oil on Pensacola Beach and tourists are almost non-existent. If you like the beach, right now is the time to go. They are in pristine condition and beautiful. Take advantage of being a local. You’ll have the beach to yourself.
3. We’ll be setting dates for a few upcoming events – baby dedication, baptism service, Seminar 101. Still thinking about offering a Newcomers Coffee. All of this will happen after school starts. BTW, Vacation Bible School is next week.
4. The teenagers are returning from Student Life Camp tomorrow. They checked out this morning and will be stopping in Atlanta to spend the day at Six Flags amusement park. They’ll spend the night in Atlanta and drive home Saturday morning. They have had a blast together.
5. This Sunday’s message is entitled “Steadfast in the Face of Opposition.” It comes from Nehemiah chapter 4, and teaches us how to respond to criticism and opposition. Don’t you just love this guy Nehemiah? I think you’ll be encouraged and instructed well by the content of Nehemiah chapter 4. As always, we will honor and worship God in the beauty of holiness.
PS – I’m loaded up with blogs to post and plan to have very active week. I am lit up about a few things. Check back every day.